Advice needed...

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Stereo' started by Dennis Pagoulatos, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

Hey guys,
    I am in need of some advice. As some of you may know from my other thread in VIP lounge, my family is going through some difficulties right now. I’m looking for ways to raise cash and one of the possibilities is selling off some toys which unfortunately includes some HT items.
    Here is the conundrum.
    I have an Epik Conquest subwoofer with a completely dead plate amp; after nearly 10 years, it just popped earlier this year. So I have a gigantic 22”x30”x36”H beast just sitting there.
    My question is does anyone think it’s something I can sell or is it not worth the trouble (shipping nightmare)? I never imagined parting with this thing;
    It literally transformed my HT coming from smaller ported subs but it doesn’t work and replacing the plate amp is impossible since Epik is long gone and there were never any published specs on the driver, tuning freq, etc.

2. carlthess40

carlthess40 Member

You may be able to sell local or part it out
    The amp can be repaired or use a rack amp running the wires though the port
    I have a muse model18 and that’s the first home sub to go to and below 20hz back in the mid 80’s. I have the same problem as you do about selling it. It’s 179lbs and your is like 200lbs. Hard to sell them lol. Good luck

3. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

4. Dennis Pagoulatos

I thought about buying a plate amp or a rack mount pro amp but:
    It’s actually a ported design, not sealed. And there are no driver parameters listed anywhere (completely custom driver) or any specs for that matter (no idea what the tune is, AVS forums thinks maybe about 13-14Hz tune but that’s a guess from 10 years ago).
    And lastly, money is tight until I’m able to work again so I wouldn’t be purchasing anything for the time being.
    Maybe I can find someone local to take the cabinet and driver off my hands for a bit of cash...

5. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Facebook market place. Etc.,
    Don’t try and salvage.

6. Dennis Pagoulatos

That’s where I’m headed Carl... :) FB Marketplace

7. Power Sound Audio

Power Sound Audio New Member

We have a very good amp diagnostic/repair guy who is based in vegas. I know he has done epik, av123, and eD amps in the past and his fees are very reasonable imo. If you want to check with him email me and I'll send you his contact email. I know he sometimes has a few amps there for epik and eD too. He may have your exact amp readdy to go..:)

anyway, support@powersoundaudio.com

tomv

CJ likes this.
  8. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster