Am I the Only Streamer Who Doesn't Subscribe to Either Netflix or Hulu

Discussion in 'Television' started by Jack Keck, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Active Member

I ditched cable last month because they were going to raise my rates by about $50/mo. I signed up for YouTubeTV, Philo, Britbox and Curiosity Stream. i needed to make this as much like cable so my tech-averse wife would go for it. Oddly enough, she caught on to how to work it right off the bat. Most of the channels we liked on cable are on YouTubeTV and Philo and I enjoy the programming on Britbox and Curiosity. It seems that Netflix and Hulu are the most popular services among my acquaintances. Neither my wife or I are into movies. How much am I missing by not subscribing to Netflix or Hulu?

2. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Bronze Member

I can only speak to Netflix. You are missing a huge amount of good Netflix-exclusive content.

3. Eric

Eric Active Member

I actually wasn't a streamer at all until about 3 months ago. Now I do subscribe to NetFlix, though I haven't browsed or streamed anything in at least a month. I've got free Apple TV+ until about November because I bought a new MacBook last year. Watched The Morning Show, haven't watched anything since.

4. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

I don't pay to stream. Catch up PBS News Hour and Washington Week on YouTube if I missed the broadcast. Downloaded the PBS app watch/re-watch several programs there.