Animal Crossing

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Chris Slade, Mar 22, 2020.

1. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

I ended up doing some time traveling to sell turnips on my own island. Arguably a little cheaty but the net effect isn't any different (IMHO) from using a website to locate favorable prices and then visiting a stranger's island. This just felt easier, I could do it on my own.

2. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Well-Known Member Top Poster

Agreed. I thought the last update stopped the turnip time travel, I guess not. I don't have a date that I now my island has had high prices yet.

3. CJ

You have to be very careful so it isn't about knowing a good price. You have to time travel to Sunday and buy turnips and then go half day by half day forward. If you go back AT ALL they spoil and if you go more than a week forward, they spoil. What I did is use one of the pattern websites (Animal Crossing - Turnip Prophet) and start entering in the price and then eventually you get a statistically likely price pattern and you can skip ahead a bit. The first time I did it I bought at 91 and sold at 215, then I bought at something like 96 and sold at 150ish. Finally I hit the jackpot and bought at 97 and then when I started entering prices in the website by Tuesday morning it looked like it was a "high spike" pattern. I jumped to the spike day and they were selling for 525 and then I had plenty of money to finish up my house. Now I'm working on interior decor.

4. Chris Slade

Nice, I went back because my son missed the buy window. 1M worth of turnips (buy price) spoiled on me. That ended the time travelling. We always sell for 450 or over on the exchange, so it is working well. I have my house fully upgraded now, my son is one step behind.
    Saw my first scorpion last night, he won round one. But I'll win the next one.

5. CJ

Oooh, I haven't seen a scorpion yet. I need to do some tree work. I FILLED tons of my island with fruit trees for income that I don't really need now and would rather have the space so I'm going to have to figure that out.

6. Chris Slade

We have a row of each fruit, 7 trees per row, fenced in with zen fencing. Even this orchard is too big. We are making a subdivision with a couple of roads for all residences, then the rest of the island is for full on development.

7. Chris Slade

We'd like to check out your island this evening or tomorrow if you are planning on being on.

8. Chris Slade

Hit 11.5m bells today, then paid of my final home upgrade and drop to 9 and change. I am into the collection phase now.

9. Chris Slade

10. CJ

Nice... I'll try to post a few photos. I actually purchased a capture card so I may do a little video tour.

11. Chris Slade

Video tour would be cool sauce

12. Chris Slade

Donated the final fossil today.

13. CJ

I haven't been playing as much... not saying I'm done but kind of lost my steam after finishing the residential area.

14. Chris Slade

Yeah sure, easy to do. Good thig about this came is you can walk away and always come back for a visit. Controls are simple, time keeps moving along etc. That is one of the best parts of the game. I am playing less too, I have infinite bells, house is maxed, fossils are done, island is full, it is a bit different now, but I still enjoy it for a few minutes at a time.