Anybody here still using iPods?

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Stereo' started by claud, Mar 3, 2019.

1. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

2. claud

This is a Sony NWZX300/s. A couple years or so ago, I bought a Sony MP3 player and have finally filled up its 128GB micro memory card. Using it at work lately I have noticed how great its sound quality is. Thats from a 200ish dollar MP# player playing HiRez tunes. IEMs are not too shabby either being Campfire Vega. This one has the new Sony balanced connection so new headphone cable is on the way from PlusSound. This one takes larger GB memory cards so I bought a 256 GB for this one.
    Sony makes two more models above the 300, but they are somewhat large and clunky and more expensive. Sony also makes cheaper ones that now will take more than a 128GB memory card. I think Santa might get my Son one of those with Campfire Comet IEMs for next Christmas.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    DYohn likes this.
  3. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

My wife still has a 160gb iPod classic plugged in her car. Her 2009 Prius doesn’t support Bluetooth music so streaming audio is out anyway, so this was the best solution. Best solution in 2009, still the best for her car in 2019.

4. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

I sold my 160gb iPod Classic a few years ago. Had it for many years and got 70% of what I paid for it. I have a thumb drive in the car with mostly 320kbps MP3s and some WMA. It's good enough for me. The vehicle manual says it can handle 9,000 files and I probably have clost to 8,000.

5. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member

We still have a really old one. I let the kids use it. Dude, it's awesome. It holds, like a *hundred* songs.

6. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor

Never had one.

7. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member

Have you seen these Chris?

The Best Bluetooth Kits for Every Car Stereo

8. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

I haven’t but I don’t think it would work for her use case. She has Bluetooth phone calls, and it integrates with her steering wheel controls, multi-function display, etc. But it doesn’t support streaming music over it. It’s one of those weird in between cars where it was ahead of its time in certain things, but just not quite advanced enough.

9. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member

Their recommended unit has a mic built in too and 3 control buttons on the unit. Combine it with a dash mount (I can also highly recommend the ones that mount into the cd slot and use a magnet with a small steel plate you put in-between the phone and its case) it works really well. I have had one in both our cars for years.

10. Bent

Bent Well-Known Member

I'm considering buying an ipod just for music now, my iphone is a work phone and has corporate software that prevents certain Apple features from working (Apple Music via family sharing, for instance). Jenn has an Apple Music subscription, and enabled family sharing so I could piggyback on her subscription, except my iphone is registered with Apple via my work email address... Any links that are mailed to my work address are forced to open through my employer's Mobile Device Management protocal and the Apple Music one is blocked when I try to access it.
    Buying an ipod would let me use my personal Apple account and follow through with her sharing link.

11. claud

Burning in new Sony 300 DAP and new Campfire Super Litz balanced 4.4 cable and on the 17 (smaller Sony) new Campfire Comet IEMs I could not resist for $200. After 3 days of 24/7 break-in they sound great!! fullsizeoutput_12e9.jpeg