Audio components for under 1k??

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Stereo' started by Zak, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Zak

Zak Active Member

Let me know if you'd like the matching center channel! :) Though shipping would be a pain.

2. Denton

Denton Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

I'd forgotten about that!! I think we'd have to rent a trucking rig. :wink:

3. Zak

Zak Active Member

Did a lot of tweaking last night. The auto calibration, to me, is usually off for the center channel. Especially this monster center. Had to manually adjust he EQ a bit and think I have it almost perfect. Going to do some more listening today during lunch (beauty of "working" from home). Also had to dial the sub back a bit. Auto EQ had it blasting all the time, so moved it a few dB down. But hoping I got the mixture figured out as I was close to pulling the center out and finding a totem to replace it with.

I'm still blown away though by music. Even music in commercials or into to shows. For example the opening music to "Parks and Rec" sounds incredible. Bizarre.

4. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

IMO EQ is the starting point. Final EQ is by one's ear nothing beats that!

Denton likes this.
  5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Well-Known Member Top Poster

That would be EarQ :)

Carl V likes this.
  6. Zak

Zak Active Member

Hooked up the Rainmakers for rears and took forever to get the sound to be somewhat decent. But now I cannot get it to hook up to my phone via bluetooth or even over our network. Worked on it for probably 2 hours and still cannot get it to work. Driving me insane. Tried to reset it but didn't get it to do a complete reset. Found a website for that and will give it a try. If I cannot get it to work, it's going back to and I'll be ordering the Marantz.