California's Medical Marijuana Card System

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounj' started by Denton, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Denton

Denton Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

2. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

The process was likely written by a well trained bureaucrat lawyer out to make sure that no single card is issued is fraudulent. The Colorado marijuana laws were written by a ex-DEA agent and is the most sensible I hear.

I have seen similar coming out of the Congress. When I worked for the Feds the Congress wanted us to maintain a paper record our time use in 15 minute intervals. We all did - we also recorded the time we spent recording the time wasted in recording. That ended the civilian employee accountability initiative promptly!

3. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

There are also differences in the states on the number of plants one can grow. Written laws are not always followed in practice, like in Florida. We're (in Florida) still waiting for them to define things - e.g Is It Legal To Eat Edible Marijuana In Florida? There are other cases on whether one can grow their own in Florida as well (e.g https://www.miamiherald.com/news/health-care/article226140730.html). It's a shame when useless bureaucrats get involved and people who can benefit it are left out in the cold.

Denton likes this.
  4. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Why does it even matter now that rec use is legal? Under 21?

5. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

I suspect no it does not matter in those states where rec use is legal and one can grow their own plants. One can buy seeds thru the mail from all kinds of sources (e.g. High Times · The Magazine Of High Society). It would be nice if the Feds finally moved marijuana off the list where it doesn't belong. Probably complicates it for some states. There's no reason why a licensed medical professional shouldn't be able to look at all options to help patients. It's sort of (in a way) along the same lines with gene therapy. There's a nice documentary in Netflix for a limited time (I've made it through the first two episodes), "Unnatural Selection," that deals with some of what is available, what probably will be available soon and the problems of dealing with Government. The drug companies who make pain products are still fighting any legalization of marijuana (e.g. Big Pharma Will Lose $4 Billion Per Year Due to Medical Marijuana). Unfortunately, like any lobbying group, they exert their influence on lawmakers and Government officials. Needs to be independent (of Government) certification bodies and laws restricting what companies like Big Pharma can legally deduct for lobbying against competition.

6. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

Likely because Medical use is exempt from sales tax.

7. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Sales tax? You can buy a lot of pot for the sales tax to go over the $100 to $200 bucks the card costs. And you have to renew the fucking thing every year. I got 2 cards, but now I'm done.