Cybertruck

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounj' started by DustinDavis, Nov 21, 2019.

1. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Ford Plans Electric, Hybrid Versions of the F-150 Pickup Truck | Digital Trends

And by the way on shorter trips (less tghan 100 miles) my Chevy Volt gets 250MPGe

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  2. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

They claimed the side glass is bullet proof they did not put it to a test, it can still be bullet proof we don't know:wink:. Musk is a master marketer he got folks who were probably not paying attention now talking. Any publicity is good publicity....

3. Bent

Bent Well-Known Member

4. DYohn

Tesla Cybertruck is for you. :)

5. DYohn

or this: https://rivian.com/r1t/

6. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member

7. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

Good points in the article above. The thing that turns me off about all plug in hybrids is not only the driving distance but the lack of charging stations in comparison to gas stations. It's not that there aren't any, there just aren't enough. Also, from what I've read, it takes quite a bit longer to charge vs. gas up. If I had another vehicle (other than the golf cart), it wouldn't be as much of deal. I don't want to go on a trip (even something like the upcoming Florida Audio Expo in February which is about a 130 miles one way) and have to plan it around where I can get a charge. That's more or less why I ended up with the Lexus RX450h. The way I drive, mostly not on an interstate, I get about 30mpg or a hair above it.

8. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

Charging stations and charge time are the Achilles's knee for the all electric(eCar) and plug-in hybrids (PiG). It is the classic chicken or the egg. Cities and densely populated burbs can really benefit from eCar or PiGs because the daily commute distances are short, but for those living in rentals and condos unless they have quick charge stations in the neighborhood or at their housing complex they are stuck. I wish the progressive States would take the lead in promoting charge stations so they are nearly as ubiquitous as gas stations. Those of us who have only one car all eCar or PiG are also out for the same reason. I ended up buying an ICE car to replace my 14 year old TSX though I wanted an eCar.

9. DYohn

This is why electric vehicles are not for everyone. The industry is still in a nascent form, although with more and more manufacturers offering vehicles every year, both range and charging infrastructure will improve. Give it another ten years.

10. DYohn

By the way it's about 500 miles from my house to my friend's house in Santa Fe, NM. We made that drive in teh Model S last year. Three Supercharger stops in between, even though the "tank" was never empty. Added about 2.5 hours to the drive time. No biggie, and it was a nice leisurely trip. If we had been in a hurry we would have used something that burned gasoline. :)

11. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member

False...

I love the look of it, and the price point is good. If they add the talked about solar charging panels, I can have off the grid commuting on sunny days. I'm seriously considering one for a daily driver.

12. DYohn

Also remember this is still in prototype or "concept" form. The actual vehicle might look a bit different from the origami creation Musk showed off.

13. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member Top Poster

Also remember with tow loads range will seriously be affected.

14. aussiefooty

aussiefooty Member

Looks like a cross between a monster truck and the back to the future car

15. DustinDavis

OK Lego wins the Internet with this:

Twitter

25A847B0-EB7D-4783-8719-D576A5B7D82A.png

16. DYohn

Latest propaganda email from Tesla. They left "And look like a dweeb while you do it" out of their ad copy:

More utility than a pickup. Better performance than a sports car.
    Cybertruck is designed for high-performance both on and off-road, accelerating from 0-60 in less than 2.9 seconds with estimated range of over 500 miles, depending on your configuration. Standard adaptive air suspension offers up to 16” of ground clearance with self-leveling capabilities that can adapt to any occasion. Learn more
    An exoskeleton of Tesla stainless steel and Tesla armor glass protects you and your passengers—with 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage to store your gear. Utilize the maximum capability of Cybertruck with a tow rating of more than 14,000 pounds and load your vault with up to 3,500 pounds of payload capacity.

17. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Mr Musk, Certainly is polarizing. Bad press is still PRESS COVERAGE.

18. DustinDavis

DYohn likes this.
  19. aussiefooty

aussiefooty Member

It looks like a cross between a monster truck and the back to the future car.
    Also that lego car is gorgeous