DIY Acoustic Panels

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Stereo' started by DustinDavis, Aug 27, 2018.

1. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member

Hey Dustin, thanks for turning me on to the Rockboard. Excellent product. One thing I liked is it was dense enough that it's really easy to slice and still holds its form. I assume it's going to have the desired acoustic effect. Not really measuring before/after.

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member

I did 3 2x4 panels on each side wall and stuffed it thick in the back corners around my surrounds (11.5 x 20 room). I ended up taking some down because the room sounded too dead.

3. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

You can always add back some “life” by putting a reflective material on top of the absorption stuff, scatter plates, diffusers etc.
    abfusdion so to speak

4. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

"Abfusion" GIK sells some models like that that have a CNC cut wood front over an absorber. They look nice.

5. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor

Dang! Nice work all around. Makes me wish I had a room I could do this to, but the house isn't built for it. But, you mentioned moving the 3 gang switches to the left. Good idea, but between that and moving the front row back - if I read that correctly - it seems like a larger screen would be called for. Is that in your plans?