Do your part Vote

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounj' started by pillatier, Jul 26, 2020.

1. pillatier

pillatier Bronze Member

Check your voter registration, update your registration, request absentee ballot and more here -

https://www.vote.org/

Barry_NJ, Denton and Jack Keck like this.
  2. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Amen

Jack Keck likes this.
  3. pillatier

pillatier Bronze Member

I went ahead and requested a mail in ballot.

Jack Keck likes this.
  4. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Active Member

I will be working at the polls again this year. You can imagine where I stand on this issue.

Max Yokell likes this.
  5. John Celardo

John Celardo Bronze Member Donor

Joysey has vote-by-mail for everyone, and we did it for the primaries. Unfortunately the schmucks from Paterson threw red meat at Orange and he's going with it.

6. Mike B

Mike B Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Of course. He lost California by 3 million votes due to voter fraud.

7. pillatier

pillatier Bronze Member

The whole State is fraud to him!

8. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

This election is going to be a shit show one way or another. Voter suppression is part of the GOP strategy and they've closed over 1500 polling sites in the urban south (strong democrat areas). Expect lots of federal militarized law enforcement around major polling places in southern swing states.

9. pillatier

pillatier Bronze Member

Voter suppression is what happens in third world countries and pseudo-democracies like in Eastern Europe.

10. pillatier

pillatier Bronze Member

There is a lot of noise about vote and voter fraud and mail-in ballot fraud. So I did a bit of research here's what I found -
    Voter Fraud Map: Election Fraud Database | The Heritage Foundation - The report starts with disclaimers but accounts for 1290 proven cases the oldest data I saw was from NC 1986. However, the study is silent on the total number of votes casts.

Low rates of fraud in vote-by-mail states show the benefits outweigh the risks - This study looks into mail-in vote fraud in the 5 states that allow the practice based on the Heritage data in the link above it also includes the numbers of ballots cast. My analysis - The mail-in and absentee ballot fraud total is 53 (column 2 + 3) over the period 1982-2018, total votes cast 49,957,586 (sum of column 6).

The False Narrative of Vote-by-Mail Fraud - Please read paragraph 5.

11. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Vote Early & vote Often

Jack Keck likes this.
  12. pillatier

pillatier Bronze Member

Wise :wink: words of Mayor Richard Daley of Chicago!

13. pillatier

pillatier Bronze Member

If you plan to to do mail-in voting, request the ballot early and send it back early.

The new Postmaster General is cost cutting that is resulting in delays in mail delivery. Apparently delay it is up to 2 days for Priority Mail in certain parts of the country. The PO lost a lot of money during the shut down from severe cut back in Third Class mail (junk mail) a big part of their revenue. HEROs Act has $16 billion loan for the PO but POTUS has threatened he will not sign any Bill that includes help for PO.

The PO has been barely breaking even since 2006 when Congress in PAEA Act required them to pre-fund their retiree health benefits to 2056. The Federal Govt. Retirement System does not even require that.
    Congress, Not Amazon, Messed Up the Post Office

14. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member Top Poster

Ok request mail in ballots, fill them out in the peace and quiet of your home, do not mail them, most states have drop off sots where can drop them into ballot boxes. Don’t trust PO under Trump leader attempting to slow mail.

just my thoughts

Jack Keck likes this.
  15. CJ

The USPS is under attack. The PAEA act is not some fiscally responsibility measure. It is an assault specifically designed to fuck up the postal service as a political move. It should be repealed and replaced with a rule that is designed to protect postal retirees, not designed to bankrupt the USPS.

16. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Active Member

The only part I disagree with is "just my thoughts". Dropping off your ballot is the best way to go. You and I ain't the only people who believe this and vote that way. I bet there's more of us who do that on this forum!

17. CJ

I honestly completely forgot you can do an in person drop off. That's what we'll do.

18. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Active Member

Told ya!

19. pillatier

pillatier Bronze Member

The drop off location is inconvenient for me to get to. So I will mail it in within a day I get the ballot. George Will (the died in wool Republican) on his July 31 column suggested to depend as little as possible on the PO and mail-in 5 days ahead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ffb186-d351-11ea-9038-af089b63ac21_story.html

"Hence it is imperative that the conduct of this election depend as little as possible on the U.S. Postal Service and state and local governments doing unusually difficult things. Polling places must be staffed during a pandemic. There will be unprecedented demands for mail ballots, which must be tabulated quickly.......

....To facilitate this — to prevent days or even weeks of uncertainty, during which Trump can fertilize discord — states should immediately stipulate that mailed ballots must be postmarked five days before Election Day, so that counting can be completed by that evening."

Jack Keck likes this.
  20. CJ

I saw a poll today that says 55% of republicans surveyed says they will not accept the result of the election if Biden wins a close race. Trump is deliberately trying to foment violence.

Max Yokell likes this.