FireFox 63.03 bug?

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Dan Driscoll, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor

Anyone else having issues with the current version of FireFox? I updated a couple of days ago and have had serious problems getting to any secure (https:) website since. It looks like all the security certificates were stripped or made invalid and new certs are being rejected. I could not even get to Google's home page until I manually added the sight as an exception. And some sites I can't get to even after manually adding the exemption. Twitter is the best known of these, but many others are also affected..

I'm wondering if it is an incompatibility with Bite Defender.

I've filed a bug report with Mozilla, but haven't gotten a response yet. I may have to roll back to 63.0

2. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member

No problems here

3. John F

John F Active Member

No problems here. Windows 10 and Defender.

4. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

No problems. But I don’t recall a recent Firefox update. Maybe your Chinese consultants have hacked your defenses.

5. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

No problems here. I have the 64 bit version on Win 10 Prof and MS antivirus. My computer does not like the Firfox update process - I have to download and install it. Perhaps there was glitch in the update process. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled it?

6. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor

Turns out it's Bit Defender causing the problem, some kind of incompatibility with Firefox and Thunderbird. I may need to switch A/V programs.