Ford v Ferrari

Discussion in 'Movies' started by CJ, Jun 11, 2019.

1. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Mine was red. Last and only Fiat I have owned.

2. John Celardo

John Celardo Bronze Member Donor

Wow Claud, when did you have it? Mine was Positano yellow, sort of like Gulden's mustard. It broke often, but I had tools, and as a 20 something, I had courage. There was a gasket between the exhaust manifold and the down-pipe that blew out often. I had half a dozen in the glove box. I eventually put a header in. It was fun to drive, and the top was a dream to raise and lower. I think of that top every time I remove the panels from the T-top on the Z.

Barry_NJ likes this.
  3. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

I watched this movie last night and really enjoyed it. I'm not a huge racing fan but tend to like movies about racing such as the excellent Rush. Like Rush, Ford v. Ferrari certainly takes some liberties with the actual history but similarly, I don't care.

For such a long movie, I thought the pacing was really good. The acting was great, (not shocking) and the cinematography around the racing as well as the sound design was pretty awesome.

I had been holding off on this one to watch with my dad but I don't know when I'll see him next. I'll watch it again if he wants to see it.

Rick C and Denton like this.
  4. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

This was a good film to watch. Not one slow spot for me and it was very engaging. This is one of those films that makes you start researching about the auto industry during that time period and how attached auto racing was to the business compared to now.

5. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Race on Saturday/Sunday sell on Monday.
    Not to mention SCCA. Racing. Drive to the track. Swap tires. Tape up glass headlights. Race. Drive home: . Porsche, jags, mgb, Ferrari, cobras, 2002, Datsun 510, Triumph. Simpler times. Fun times.

6. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

You don't drive an 800hp RWD Camry?

7. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

If only my last name was Prost or Schumacher maybe.

8. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Back in the day the trans-am series was great fun. Mustangs, camaros, AMX... grudge matches

9. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

We watched this movie and found it quite enjoyable. Christian Bale was fantastic and owned and his movie.