golfers...

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounj' started by DYohn, Jun 27, 2020.

1. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

Fewer progenies of the non-social distancing non mask wearing macho guys. Perhaps that's a +ve?

2. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

Unfortunately that's not how the virus works. I've said before, if only the people who won't follow the rules pay the consequences fine, but that's not how it works.

Chris Slade likes this.
  3. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Safe and sound. Thanks. I’ve been practicing universal precautions since 82’. My mouth, nose, eyes , etc are 12-18” from my patients faces. Gloves. Etc. Clean office. Now I require patients to jump thru some hoops to be seen. Most are appreciative. Some scoff, They don’t get past the door.

Now I wear a mask shopping. Going into restaurants. And Social distancing. like Denton I don’t wear a mask biking or jogging.

Chris Slade and pillatier like this.
  4. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member Donor

Mandatory masks in Kansas starting tomorrow. About the only place around here that requires it now is Costco and pretty much any medical place. I generally just keep a neck gator on and pull it up when I'm close to people. Probably be safer for me to wear a n95 mask, but I figure the older folks and people with problems need them more than I do. I have some pretty serious respirators out in the shop if I really need something heavy duty.

Chris Slade likes this.
  5. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Bronze Member

They're mandatory in my county now. Interestingly, there is a city (Colleyville) where the mayor is actively defying the order, and encouraging implicitly and explicitly his constituents to do the same. It's literally 5 minutes from me.

I'm really just...I...I can barely find the words to express my reaction to this. The amazing thing to me is, the same fuckwits not wearing masks are the ones decrying the fact that stores are closing and they can't go places or maybe they're losing their jobs. I don't see how they don't see that the path to everything reopening is simple, and easy: wear a mask and wash your hands. That's literally all you have to do. Is it that difficult? All you have to do is wear a mask when you are indoors but not in your house. I have a nice comfortable one and it's pretty tolerable, even in the 95 degree heat. Or at least tolerable enough that I don't want do DIE or KILL anyone by refusing to wear it. Is it that much of a threat? I don't think by asking you to wear a mask, the government is coming for you, or your liberty, or your guns. Pull down the "Don't Tread On Me" flag from the pole in your front yard and fashion into a nice face mask but for fuck's sake, WEAR A FUCKING FACE MASK. Sometimes. Not all the time. And not for you, for everyone around you. Do that and all of your other needs are met. Keep your guns. Keep your liberty. Keep your health. Keep your job. Keep all of it, and sacrifice nothing more than temporary discomfort.

OK that was a lot of words for someone barely finding words.

Chris Slade likes this.
  6. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Well-Known Member Top Poster

We have three active cases in our province. Before that we had zero cases for 20 days. The three cases are one worker from Mexico in quarantine, and 2 people from the U.S. who own property here, also quarantined on entry. So basically zero exposure to the general population. We have never had a mask order. It is being discussed now, provincial governments to date have not done it, but some large cities have. Meh, masks are what they are, if you stay far enough away from someone you don't need a mask. I am not for or against them, but I see here people fighting in social media constantly over masks. It is a bit of a joke, both sides think they are correct. Deep down if I had to pick a side I would say I am anti mask I guess, but I would never make a stand over it. It is rough in the U.S. for sure, or at least that is what we are seeing in the media. Hope everyone pulls through just fine. In my province we have lost 63 people, mostly very old with underlying health conditions. 52 or 53 of those people were in one train wreck of a long term care facility. Many with DNR agreements etc. they were on the way out for sure. Sucks pretty bad. We have right around 1 million people in the province. We have destroyed our economy. We had the shooter a couple of months back take out 22 people, still no public inquiry etc. and the info coming out is outrageous..... and the general public is arguing about masks and government subsidies.

Sincerely guys stay safe, do whatever it is you think you need to do for you and your family to be safe period. Our province is in a different place now, we are hosting a water ski camp in our back yard next month, just like last year..... I hope things go just fine. Literally today, the general population has just started to be allowed to visit to neighboring provinces without quarantine, we have been seriously locked down. These times will be remembered as a dark period for sure.

DustinDavis likes this.
  7. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

8. Mike B

Mike B Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

I keep one in my pocket all the time. If I'm shopping or picking up takeout I put it on then take it off in the car or dog walking alone or doing yard work. I see people driving their own cars wearing masks. Most stores here are mask required for entry.

9. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Well-Known Member Top Poster

I have three in my truck. It just is not common practice here.... and we basically have no cases. I do like Dave's cartoon, everyone seems to be an expert now on both sides. Then you listen to them speak and you know that they don't know jack about what they are talking about. Quoting studies and data manipulated to support their point of view. The world is crazy.

DYohn likes this.