Hi I'm John Beavers

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by John Beavers, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor

I've found my interest has increased as I've gotten older. Part of that is that after being estranged for several decades, I reconnected with my father after after my mother passed. I also learned from other family members that much of the family history I thought I knew was just flat-out wrong and in some cases, completely fabricated. That has made me want to learn what was false and what the reality is, or was.

Carl V likes this.
  2. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Well, there ya go. A noble fact finding mission. Might be interesting to figure out the origin and or rationalization for the fabrication (s).

3. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor

I already figured that out. It was all self or family aggrandizing. Which is pretty silly, because everyone already knows the Driscolls are descendants of kings. :wink:

Carl V likes this.
  4. John Beavers

John Beavers Active Member

My reason for joining ancestor.com was to trace my family back as far as I can take it. I've been dealing with insomnia for the past few months. My body is apparently balancing itself out from years of dealing with a chronic disease in which I slept from 10 to 12 hours a day. Now that I've recovered from that illness I find I only need a couple of hours sleep a night, and a couple of 1 hour naps during the day. It's not that I don't try for more, but so far this is what my body is allowing. So I make use of it. My mom spent the last decade care-taking for my father who had alzheimers. She put most of her and my dad's stuff in boxes, which piled up around the house and in the garage. My family kept everything they acquired over the years including mail, nick nacs, oriental art, military documents and so forth. I've spent my extra hours going though it all and rediscovering my life and my parents lives. It is fascinating to go from the 30's which they both came of age in, all the way through the world wars, the great depression, Kennedy, Nixon and so forth. I intend to write several books on the times they lived in. And with all this valuable documentation that I've found I should be able to trace the family tree all the way back to Europe. It's like Indiana Jones searches for the Beavers family. LOL

5. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Stay healthy & happy