I love this phone:

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Randy Rhoton, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor

2. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

Neato!!

3. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster Grim Reaper

I agree. For a long time before I moved several years back, I had a couple of home phones with dials just for giggles. The house was bigger than I have now and I had telephones everywhere. I had a few novelty telephones too.

4. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

Its kinda cool but I find that lady irritating. "I think the user interface on smart phones is stupid". Look lady, I get you're a 57 year old hipster but smart phones and their interfaces in particular are engineering and design marvels. She could have easily bought a flip phone and it would have been smaller, more durable, and had a better battery life. Kudos to her for building something neat but she doesn't need to act like everyone else is a moron.

Also I want a video of her entering a contact into that thing. I call complete BS that its quicker than a modern a smartphone. That's literally not possible.

DustinDavis likes this.
  5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member Top Poster

I watched 5 seconds of the video and closed the tab.

6. pillatier

pillatier Well-Known Member

I am old enough to remember the feel and sound of the real old fashioned rotary dial phone when the switching at the phone company was also mechanical. One had to be sure to fully pull the dial to the stop, specially pay attention to the last numbers on the dial like, 8,9, and 0 otherwise it will be a wrong number.

7. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Ha, what people won’t do for giggles and grins. 57 year old hipster? Sorta an oxymoron.:openmouth: She looks mid 30s or 40s, as I get older I can’t tell anymore. :pensive:

8. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member

From her linked in profile I'd guess she's in her 30's.

And although I agree she should have just bought a hard button flip phone and she did this more for attention than practicality, I'd say she is likely correct on creating a contact. Looks like she has 6 buttons on the phone four of which are for contacts. So creating a contact is likely pressing 2 buttons and dialing the number vs finding and opening the contacts app. Pressing to create a new contact. Entering their name and then entering their number and finally saving. If the number is full of 8s and 9s then you could likely be faster on your smart phone but not by much

9. John Celardo

John Celardo Bronze Member Donor

I'll be 73 in a few weeks. I WANT ONE! I wonder if it's 5G, or maybe it's G Wiz.