Iron Fist Season 2

Discussion in 'Television' started by Max Yokell, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member Top Poster

Ok I know that the first season of Iron Fist was the weakest of all the Marvel Netflix shows and there were many legitimate complaints to be made....

Flash forward to Season 2, this show has been tightened up and the fight scenes, which were one of the season one complaints, have been clearly targeted for improvement. They are clearly way better then season one and on par with some of the Daredevil stuff. The story has been much tighter with only one scene that I kind of felt was forced that maybe should of seen the cutting room floor. They have pared it down to just 11 eps. It kind of surprised me when it ended I thought I had two more shows to go.

They have taken some heed with the Danny Rand character which drew complaints of being stupid and irritating Last season and have made him less of both this time out. In the comic books he is sort of like the Marvel version of Bruce Wayne but less dark. He is rich smart and ready to jump into the fray, but a little more light hearted then Bruce Wayne and both lost their parents at a young age.

This season has a good clear villain with several murky characters in the mix. You won't ever doubt who the big bad is, which is actually a good thing after season 1.

They have some very good sub-plots here involving team ups with Coleen Wing and Misty Knight who in the the comics were a team and it looks like they might want to explore that option in the shows as there is chemistry and I really like both of them. They are two of the best things going in the whole Netflix Marvel universe.

I guess season 3 of Daredevil is supposed to drop before years end.

Max

2. Max Yokell

Since I posted this the other day, I have now read two articles about how this show went from weakest to very good.

I guess I wasn’t the only one to notice vast improvement in this show.

3. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member Donor

Heck, I liked the first season. I'll have to start the second today at lunch.

4. Max Yokell

I liked it but was not blind to the weaknesses some of which drove me nuts.

5. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear this as I'm currently catching up on JJ and LC and then come IF2...the first season was as many thought "ok" but it paled compared to DD. You are not the first to tell me that is much improved for S2 which is awesome. :)

6. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

Danny's character was definitely the weak point. Just because he was gone from modern society doesn't make him a complete dolt.

Max Yokell likes this.
  7. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member

I don't know, 4 episodes in, andi still feel Danny is a bit of a dolt.. .

8. John F

John F Active Member

9. Max Yokell

They did but they left open the return of Danny on others shows or in possible new ones.

Jason Lorette likes this.
  10. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Well-Known Member

Hopefully he shows up again...he was a good supporting character in both Defenders and Luke Cage S2.