New Bumblebee Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jay Brown, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Cant judge by trailers in this day and age but here's a teaser for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member Top Poster

We're not doing this for money, we're doing this for a moderate amount of money

3. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

uh huh!

4. Jay Brown

This was a well done homage to G1 Fans of the Franchise, but those of you not familiar with the Lure will not be disappointed. My sister-in-law was talking about this film a day after we saw it. My nephew and I had a nice talk about the movie on our way home. He's more familiar with the "Bay" films so I had to put him onto the G1 series of Cartoons, movie, and toys. My brother remembers me bringing Megatron to school, a P38 Pistol, which could get me expelled from school in today's climate.

As a film, it's your typical "Boy and his dog" theme throughout, but when it comes to Transformers, this is what we were wanting for years. The 80s references weren't in your face or forced, and while not on the level of "Stranger Things" 80s, there's more of a feel of 80s teen films, than the actual setting/time period.

The first 5 minutes of the film, GEEK HEAVEN, that get out of your seat and point at G1 Characters you grew up with type of fun. Easily recognizable, clear and steady action without the pending headache.

Without a shadow of a doubt, John Cena is the weakest link of the film. He's your typical military trope as seen in movies such as E.T. and Iron Giant. He has a few funny lines but his acting appears to be forced.

Some say this is a soft-reboot, a prequal, a "Days of Future Past" reboot, etc. The film does tie in to the first of the Bay Films, but leaves plenty of room to move away from that decade-long depression.

For Transformers fans, this is what we've been wanting to see for years!! No TnA, cringe-worthy dialogue, Lazy CGI blur fest of gray, black, and red. It's not Lawrence of Arabia, so don't expect greatness, just expect a release from the garbage that we've been fed for so long.

5. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member Top Poster

I was really tired, the two kids I took liked it but for mr it was loud and kept waking me up with loud clanking fights. ;)

6. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

What's funny is this has like a 95% RT rating. I'll probably see it on home video.

7. Jay Brown

It's considered the best of the Transformers movies, yet the lowest box office gross. Let's just hope this doesn't turn into another "Solo" issue, where the low box office Gross caused the studio to take a left turn.

8. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member

Sadly, I think many may have gotten fed-up after the last batch, and just given up...

Denton and Jay Brown like this.
  9. Jay Brown

Very true indeed. I asked co-workers and friends if they were going to see it. Some were hopeful, and some were jaded and did not want to risk enduring another 2 plus hours of mayhem.

Denton likes this.
  10. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor

Saw it today. Gotta love midweek matinees. Was one other patron in the hall. Anyhow, I really liked it. Aside from the fact I own both a Javelin, and an FJ-40 ( one brief scene ) it was just fun. My only issue was that I should have sat farther back from the screen.

11. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Sat farther back?
    Because? Resolution not good?
    Field of view too wide?
    Sound too loud?

12. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

They put up a film and 2 people showed up to see it. Amazing.

13. Randy Rhoton

Carl, the Regal here has great steep stadium seating in small halls with really big screens. I have bad knees and tend to sit lower down to avoid climbing. With a lot of fast action, this can blur, and in this case I wonder if the cinematographer shot it so that during robot on robot fights the viewer would be within arms reach of the fight. So this does blur resolution and when the fight is filmed as a closeup it can be too wide. Otherwise resolution was fine. Sound was not too loud given the subject. I recall seeing Thor in another theater and the bass was so heavy I felt like I had been sitting in front of a cannon. Way too loud.

14. Randy Rhoton

Sidebar: I had not been there in a goodly number of months. There is a two level parking structure next to the theater, and I don't know who owns it, but there are now two free electric car charging stations in the corner nearest the box office. The I came out there was a Tesla plugged into one of them.

Mike, I've been to this place on weekends and it can be wall to wall people. Right now kids are back in school and parents are working. I don't like crowds so this works for me. A while back I went to see something else on a weekend when Solo had just opened, and the hallways were jammed between showings.

15. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member

Picked this up during Prime-Day, was a good flick, and a good direction for a reboot if they, hopefully, go this way...