Oppo BDP-95

Discussion in 'For Sale/Trade Lounj (members)' started by Dan S., Jan 26, 2019.

1. Dan S.

Dan S. Active Member

Hey guys! I figured I would post this here first. For sale is my OPPO BDP-95, which is in excellent condition. All accessories, manual, and even updates on dvd are included. Will ship, double boxed and insured for cost of shipping. Asking $800, plus ship.

Attached Files:

2. Dan S.

Dan S. Active Member

130 views, 0 comments.

3. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Slow tax season. People are tapped out. Or have their spinners. Now the 103 or later you might get some action. US audio mart. Audiogon. Facebook marketplace.

Glws

Dan S. likes this.
  4. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

It's a nice machine. While Oppo continues to have customer support, it is strickly via email at this point. I only use disc spinners for video and for the couple of times/year someone is over and wants to play a disc. Strictly file playback. I have a bunch of Oppo players. I have two 103Ds, one in the main system and one in the master bedroom system (it doesn't see tons of use but the master bedroom feeds the outdoor speakers and the 103D can read all my files with the Oppo App from my NAS and in the event my PS3 dies I can use a 103D to extract the ISO files from SACDs). I also have an old BDP-93 upstairs in the bonus room that sees virtually no use (unless someone comes over a couple of times/year) as I have a Windows 10 music server with JRiver and a DAC. I have an old modded BDP-83 in the main system as well that can pass 192kHz via its coax digital out (like your 95) from a Blu-Ray or hi-rez disc (it rarely gets used). I have a UDP-203 in the 4k system and an old DV980H (which I have configured as Region free). I may sell my 203 (been thinking about it) as they get good prices (and I think I own a whole 9 UHD disc) and try something else. Probably won't make a decision about it for another month or two.

So its just the age of the unit plus the number of units for sale. Lots of people are trying to sell their Oppo players (e.g. Used oppo for Sale | HifiShark.com). For video, there are plenty of current options of newer units with video that most have the opinion are better than even the last generation of Oppos (e.g. Panasonic). For audio, many like me are into file playback and the BDP-95 is more limited vs. current models. So you probably need to find someone who is into disc playback and may want to try free sites like US Audio Mart or Audio Asylum to see if you get any bites as you may want a bigger audience of audiophiles still into disc playback.

I've been helping a couple of friend with computer audio. One's computer literate but just needed a bit of help. The other is not computer literate but I've been spending time over there and he is getting more comfortable and at this point he told me he rarely plays a disc (and he's got a PS Audio DirectStream transport going into his PS Audio Direct Stream, Jr. DAC and the transport IMO is about as good as it gets for CD as it plays it back like a computer from memory). I had them both get mini Windows 10 PCs to use with JRiver. Those can be had for $125-$300, give or take and then there is just the cost of the JRiver program ($60 and the one friend was already using it) and can play many formats and will sound better than a disc spinner. So there just is a bit less of a market for expensive disc spinners among many audiophiles.

5. Dan S.

Dan S. Active Member

Thanks guys. It was really just a comment to see if anyone real was looking, or just forum snoopers. I'll try branching out soon.

6. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor

I'll give up my shiny silver discs when you pry them from my cold dead fingers. :)

Barry_NJ, Dan S. and Denton like this.
  7. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

I used to feel exactly the same way. Before I did file playback I used my old Oppo BDP-83 with an HDMI Audio De-Embedder (with an upgraded power supply) into a DAC and was able to playback SACDs at 24/88.2 (and had DACs that upconverted) and DVD-As up to 192kHz. I still have my (modded) BDP-83 in the main system in case someone brings over a disc (or I watch a high def disc with hi def audio) as it can pass 192kHz over the coax output. One friend I just helped, who is not what I would call computer literate, just ripped all his stuff (and he was pretty much the same way with discs and still has his PS Audio DirectStream Transport) and I think he's to the point where disc playback will be a very minor part of what he uses. I went over there to help him with stuff last Friday and took back some DVD-As and a Blu-Ray hi-rez audio disc to rip for him. What really pushed me was all the CDs gone from retail outlets. While Tower had high prices, I used to go over at their sales and buy a ton of things. I enjoyed the experience of being able to have such a choice of music in front of me. At this point with new music I buy, about two thirds of it is hi rez downloads. When I buy a disc, I rip it and never take it out again.

8. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

I have two Oppo BD 83s that work . One is in my closet and the other will be going there Friday when its replaced in my system by a PS Audio Perfect Wave CD transport. If anyone has a need or interest, PM me. Box, remote and manual included as they came to me.