Rocketman

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mikael Soderholm, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Active Member Donor

So surprised to see the was no thread, or I am lousy at searching.

Anyway, having been out of a home cinema for six weeks now, due to moving (I will show you pictures), I went to the movies, and saw Rocketman, and WOW, what a ride.

If you think BoRhap, you'll be disappointed, but of you think Moulin Rouge!, you'll love it, as I did.
    Taron Egerton is God, as well as being Elton, laying himself bare (Elton, that is), and the movie is a fantastic journey through the mind of a hurt child with a gift, that only, and barely, his grandmother saw, and he didnt'n really knew how to utilize.
    I was in tears throughout, very emotional, and I didn't even like Elton John that much at the time.

Now I do, however, and have just bought a bunch of live blus to set me up from the 70s when I left him, back to now.

But do see the film, it is really great, and if someone deserves an Oscar, it Taron, he is so much more than Eggsy.
    Plus he can sing, like a boss, my finger is on the 'buy' button of the soundtrack as well, it's not the originals, and that's just the point.

Carl V, Rick C, DYohn and 1 other person like this.
  2. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Agree. Saw this a few months ago. Good film. I liked more than the queen movie. But that’s just me.

3. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Ordered it from our sponsor in BD.

4. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

I'll be seeing this movie next Saturday at my local public library.

5. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

How appropriate is this movie for teens? We're pretty liberal so non-graphic sexuality nor swearing or substance abuse in a movie really worry us. Just not sure how graphic things are.

6. Denton

Denton Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

I do recall a scene with Elton 'floating' over a floor of debauchery.

7. Saurav

Saurav Well-Known Member

AFAIR there is a gay sex scene with R level T&A (well just A I guess) nudity. Definitely lots of language and drug abuse but that is part of the point the movie is making.

I liked Bohemian Rhapsody and Yesterday better than Rocketman. I think I have a bias against movies which turn out to be musicals and I wasn't expecting it. Every time they break into song and dance, it pulls me out of the narrative.