The Equalizer (2014)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by CJ, Sep 2, 2018.

1. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

I didn't see this one when it came out but watched it today. This is a vigilante justice film in the vein of Taken. Not quite the same plot but basically its a "you pissed off the WRONG guy" movie. Really great and somewhat unique action. Its not gun fu like John Wick but its not classic 00's action hero style movie either. Highly recommended if you're in the mood for an action flick.

2. Denton

Denton Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Denzel came back in "Equalizer 2" this summer. More of the same. Even my wife was entertained. The last set piece in the film involves the bad guys looking for Denzel as a major storm bears down on the area. Kinda cool. Both films were directed by Antoine Fuqua.

CJ likes this.
  3. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

Yep. The sequel is on my list.

4. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Saw them both. Good. The second had some nice touch’s of humanity. Never quite liked the stop watch plot device nor the new Sherlock Holmes incision. The tv series with the Brit driving a jag was actually pretty good. I’d like to see a movie version of spencer for hire. But I digress.

5. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member Donor

I caught the second one yesterday. I felt like the ending half/climax was a little rushed and you sure can tell someone watched John Wick. Fun movie. Really enjoyed it.