The Expanse - SYFY TV Series

Discussion in 'Television' started by jasn, Jun 15, 2018.

1. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Rather surprised this hasn't come up here. My wife happened upon this 3-season SYFI series a few nights ago and we are 4 episodes in. Its pretty good, if not a little derivative of better, past space epics like the remake of Battlestar Galactica. Special effects are top notch. Multiple plot lines keep it moving. We like Thomas Jane in the lead role from a very witty, old HBO show called Hung. I think we're in for the whole package. Find it on Amazon Prime.

The Expanse (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb

2. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member Top Poster

Seasons 1 and 2 are on Prime. Season 3 is current airing on syfy, which they canceled the show after having very good viewer ratings on RT. There was a huge outpouring of support on the internet. Someone launched a model of the Roci into space on a balloon with cam saying "keep the Roci flying". Amazon swooped in an picked up the show. It's worth a watch IMO.

jasn likes this.
  3. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

It's really good and its based off an excellent series of books. I highly recommend both the books and the series.

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor

We've been watching since the beginning.

I should check to see what else we're watching that hasn't been mentioned here.

jasn likes this.
  5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member Top Poster

The latest episode was goooood.

6. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

Holy cow, everyone needs to be watching this show! Finished S3 during my down time a few weeks ago and it was great! I’m very glad that Amazon swooped in and picked it up because I am pumped for S4!