The trials and tribulations of a coffee addict

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounj' started by CJ, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Denton

Denton Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Keurig doesn't make enough coffee.

2. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

Keurig_coffee-pot-pods-Companyphoto.jpg

3. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

Technically Keurig makes too much coffee. There is about enough coffee in a Keurig pod to make 5.5 oz. of coffee. Most people make 8-10 oz. from a pod.

4. Jason P

Jason P Member

Denton likes this.
  5. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

That's a funny story about Maxwell House.

I used to say I'm not a beer snob or not a coffee snob. I like the good stuff but I'll drink anything. I no longer will drink e.g. Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc. With coffee I've never quit drinking the crappy stuff. Maybe that means I'm not an alcoholic but I am a caffeine addict? Maybe some day I'll start refusing to drink that crappy stuff too.

6. DYohn

Yes, if you drank the crap beer (because it was there) then you just might be an alcoholic.

For both you and me I suspect the "caffeine addict" question is self-evident. :grin:

Denton likes this.
  7. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Ah, but back in the days when you were young & poor you drank whatever was on sale eh? I remember Bud & Coors having the "beer wars" back when I moved to SoCal in '79. Every other week one was on sale for $1.59 a 6 pack.

8. DYohn

When I was young and poor, yes. In Missouri, Busch beer was 99 cents a 6-pack in the early 70's. Eat enough flaming hot pork rinds and you couldn't taste how bad it was...

9. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Ah, Busch, low end Bud...we used to get 12 packs of Falstaff longnecks for $2.99. Yup, starving students - :smiley:

DYohn likes this.
  10. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member

I also picked up the KitchenAid cold brew pot. $100 list price—we paid somewhere less than half that via whatever bargain machinations my wife manufactures. It’s much better than the cheaper solution I had bought off Amazon a year ago. Nice form factor, I like the spout pour although I realize it is not necessary. But the biggest improvement is the brew. Super-fine stainless steel filter. No floaties in the coffee. I grind the beans fresh right before brewing it. Not talking fancy beans here either—one of the whole bean choices at Aldi. Result is smooth and excellent.

11. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member

I do love it. Even take some pleasure in the act of cleaning it after use. It’s very simple and very nice.