Wildcrafter Coffee

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Denton, Mar 17, 2020.

1. DYohn

DYohn Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

CJ: Understood. And while i am far from a coffee snob, being old and dried out is one of my complaints about everything sold at Costco. The Super Crema does come stamped with a roasted on and use by date. The bag I'm using right now says roasted on Nov. 5, 2019 and use by April 5, 2021, so they think it lasts 18 months. It tastes great right now. :blush:

CJ likes this.
  2. Carl V

Carl V Bronze Member Donor Top Poster

When it mattered to me or my guests
    I sourced my Beans Locally from a Local
    Roaster...and we have quite a few importer Roasters.
    Freshly Roasted & Freshly Ground...

Oklahoma City also has a manufacturer of Commercial Roasters
    US Roaster Corp

3. GSmitty

GSmitty Active Member

I'm a simple man, and my Dear Wife puts up with me... Costco Starbucks French Roast mixed approximately 60/40 with Costco Decaf Blend. Beans ground point of use, brewed in Technivorm Moccamaster KBGT... We do like coffee, but while traveling 7-9 months a year in the RV - we find it was very hard to locate good beans!! And while yes, better coffee does exist. The consistency of this combo works well in most of the regions we travel. (We've been known to plan our travels in relations to Costco's - to access certain necessities... Our coach usually weights several hundred pounds heavier after our Costco stops!!! (Vino/Vodka/Scotch, coffee, frozen foods, fresh fish when available, etc., etc.). We usually hit a Costco every 3-4 weeks, and really miss them when not able to do so:)!

And sure. We do occasionally buy less then 3 to 4 a 2lb bags of beans to play with while roaming smaller stores in some areas. Especially some of the boutique local roasters... (Have had some that we leave next to the exchange book area it was so bad... And also at times, have called and had some more beans shipped to meet us at a future stop... But we 'make do' with our KISS approach to day to day brew:)!

Best to all,
    Smitty

4. John Celardo

John Celardo Bronze Member Donor

YAAAAY! Just got an email from Coffee Bean Direct. They're planning to crank up the roasters and accepting preorders for early May deliveries. For now the selection is somewhat limited, and only in 5 lb. bags. I just ordered Dark Brazilian Santos and Dark Sumatra Mandheling. That's probably 6 months worth, but the early bird catches the cupa jo!

Denton likes this.
  5. John Celardo

John Celardo Bronze Member Donor

Got my 10 lbs. of Jo today. I don't think I'll need to buy any till my next birthday. Since they just fired up the roasters after a hiatus, it's very fresh.

P1050904.JPG