Zack Snyder signs for Superman: Official Title is "Man of Steel" due June 2013

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ron-P, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Shane

Shane Active Member

The last 5 min, I meant the introductions of Clark Kent to the Daily Planet.

2. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member

I've been getting the same reaction to the movie from friends that Shane has. Looks like I'll be passing on this one. Wonder if this movie will suffer from negative word of mouth.

3. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor

Saw it today. About 25 in the matinee showing. It could have easily been 20 minutes shorter. And a good deal quieter. Same sound guy as Thor? But I'm glad I saw it, but don't feel the need to buy the disc. Didn't have any trouble following the flashbacks, but there could have been fewer of them that lasted longer and done just as good a job with the backstory. Final battle was over long. Amy Adams remains cute as a button. And did the director get a bad pancake at an ihop sometimes in his life? He sure took things out on that place.

4. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Umm, really Shane? Lets take a look at all the previous Superman films, or how about any comic book film to date. Every single one of them can be summed up in your two lines. Even the CR Supermans, made for an ADD 8 year old. All comic book films to date tell the exact same story. How the below average person becomes a super hero, how he learns to control his powers, how he helps people and finally how he defeats the villan.

Along with Jay, I loved it. Best Superman film todate. I love the CR films but it's time his cape was handed over to a better Superman. Snyder nailed it. He finally gave us a non-boring Superman film with good acting, Hey, Bryan Singer, you taking notes, this is what your crapfest of a Superman film should have been.

5. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

I'm with Shane this was dreadful. In fact this parody honest trailer spells out exactly why:

[video=youtube_share;Sge5sUNJkiY]http://youtu.be/Sge5sUNJkiY[/video]

6. Mike

Mike Bon Vivant Donor Top Poster

+1

This was the first time i have seen a Superman fight scene that looked like it should. They looked like they weighed a ton.

And yes Max...it was extra loud.

I actually liked this version of the S man. Raised in a human environment, he WOULD have human tendencies. Anger, rage, and all, it would be a chore to keep them in check. And sometimes you would fail...as we all do.

And yes, he was a beefcake. That was good to see as well. Sumerman is supposed to have muscles.

7. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin Top Poster

I watched this last night and actually liked it. Not loved, but it was good IMHO. Did you all catch the face morph when he's powering through the beam?

Posted via Tapatalk. Forgive my brevity and potential typos.

8. Mike

I dont recall that CJ.

The one thing that I didn't care for was the scene where Superman is in the spaceship with his dad and as he leaves to "drop" back to Earth he floats out of the spacecraft very much in the pose of Jesus on the cross as Jor-El says, "Now go save the world son". Especially after all the set-up about him being like a God to the Earthlings.

I could have done without that.

What kind of morphing did the face do? just curious if i saw it but didnt take notice.

9. CJ

His face digital changes to Christopher Reeve for a split second. I didn't mind the symbolism.

10. Mike

Yes, I saw that. I think I even commented to my wife about it. I think it also flashed on George Reeves....

11. CJ

Not from what I saw. Someone posted frame by frame on the internet somewhere.

12. Mike

I must be thinking of something else then.

I was sure I saw George Reeves in the film somewhere....

13. chad

chad Well-Known Member Top Poster

14. Mike

Yep, no George in there.